How do I backup a website?
Sign in to your Dropmysite account. (You can directly access the control panel by browsing “https://readyspace.dropmysite.com“). Else, you can go through the Readyspace Customer Panel.
1. Go to the customer panel.
2. Select the tab Dropmysite.
Then you will be re-directed to the Home page of Dropmysite. From there you can view your Current Dropmysite subscription details (Subscription date, Maximum usage size, Current Usage etc.), Backup information (if you have already configured the backup) and Database backup information.
3. Click “Login to Dropmysite” to sign in to the Dropmysite control panel.
4. ￼Click on the “Add Website” button (You need to place the mouse pointer over the button to view the description).
You will enter into a new page where you will have to define the protocol that you wish to allow for the backup system to access your files for the backup process.
Select options as below.
- Protocol: FTP
- Encryption:: Plain FTP
- PORT: 21
- Hostname: Yourdomainname
- FTP username and password (If you don’t know create one here).
5. Once your connection has been tested, you will be asked to schedule your backup.
6. Select the folders which you would like to backup.
7. Select the folders you want to exclude in the backup.
8. Select the retention period (How many of your backups need to keep).
9. Then select the frequency of the backup such as once a day or once a week.
10. Then select the time when you want to schedule your backup and your time zone.
11. Then click “Next” to confirm your backup schedule.
Set a name for your profile and confirm your settings and then click on “Save” and your website will be scheduled for backup.